Products for Motorcycles
Supporting engines with optimized electricity generation, ignition, electricity charging, and control functions
Technologies of Note
- These are compact, lightweight, and powerful generation systems. We can get the complete performance from power generation systems by utilizing our strengths in both development and manufacturing of generators (AC generators) and regulators.
- Our AC generators for motorcycles are permanent magnet generators that are directly connected to the engine crankshaft to generate power from engine rotation. This is used as a power source for a variety of electrical and electronic components that are for a range of functions including charging the battery and powering control units.
- Other Actions
- Using the teeth on the circumference of the flywheel and the pickup coil to create the signal used for the ignition timing control.
- Obtain the inertia moment to stabilize the engine rotation and vehicle body.
The AC generators provided by Kokusan Denki are used in a variety of models from scooters to off-road, super sports, and American, and are utilized by many motorcycle manufactures in Japan and abroad.
- Regulators convert the alternating current output by generators to direct current while also maintaining a constant charging voltage for the battery.
The regulators provided by Kokusan Denki are used in motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, outboard motors, general-purpose engines, and other applications and are combined with our generators (AC generators, magnetos) to provide total performance as compact, lightweight, high-power generation systems.
- A CD igniter is an ignition device that combusts the air-fuel mixture in the engine cylinder and keeps the engine working efficiently. The electrical energy from the battery or the generator (AC generator, magnetos) is transmitted to the spark plug to generate a strong spark. Depending on the model, some use a throttle or a switch control function.
- The ignition capacitor is charged with an electrical charge, the signal from the pickup coil that shows the ignition position is received, the ignition coil discharges, and a strong spark strikes between the spark plug electrodes.
The CD igniters supplied by Kokusan Denki are used in a wide range of applications including motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, outboard motors, and general-purpose engines.
- An ignition coil is a transformer that generates the high voltage required for ignition. The mutual induction action of the two coils generates a high voltage of 10,000 to 40,000 volts that sends a strong spark between the electrodes of the engine spark plugs.
The ignition coils supplied by Kokusan Denki are used in a wide range of applications including motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, outboard motors, and general-purpose engines.
- The pickup coil detects the engine speed and crank angle (current piston position) and generates a corresponding signal to provide information to the CD igniter to determine the ignition control timing.
The pickup coils supplied by Kokusan Denki are used in a wide range of applications including motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, outboard motors, and general-purpose engines.
- These motors are used to drive the valves that optimally control the exhaust characteristics of motorcycles in Europe, Japan, and around the world.
The actuators provided by Kokusan Denki can be either integrated with or separate from the controllers depending on the layout and the application. Our sturdy motors and intelligent controllers that have been developed through our experience to date check the connected cable unit assembly variation at startup to operate accurately in response to the signal from the vehicle.
Other Products for Motorcycles